Contribute improvement ideas & suggestions to help continue the success of the plant. Technician will operate, maintain & troubleshoot all production equipment associated within the department to prevent and/or correct mechanical & electrical breakdowns following strict product safety & quality standards. Technician must have the ability & initiative to lead & participate in plant problem-solving teams, ability to apply problem-solving techniques, communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership & plan effectively. Interested individuals must be able to work in a fast paced, multifaceted environment & be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any shift, weekends and holidays as required.
Refrigeration Technicians install, maintain, repair and overhaul industrial, commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and their component parts. Maintenance work involves checking all parts of a system, oiling moving parts, keeping units filled with refrigerant and adjusting valves. When there is a malfunction, Refrigeration Technicians diagnose the problem and fix the unit by replacing or repairing controls, electric wiring or other parts. Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any shift, weekends and holidays as required.
- Associates will operate, maintain & troubleshoot all production equipment associated within the department to prevent and/or correct mechanical & electrical breakdowns following strict product safety & quality standards. Electrical/electronic troubleshooting in a manufacturing plant.
- Background in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer systems
- Knowledge of & capable of performing special technical skill (electrical troubleshooting, basic PLC skills, machining, welding tasks, high pressure gases)
- Instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment. Knowledge of electrical installation & construction, AC/DC motor drives, gearboxes, hydraulics & pneumatics systems
- Knowledge of or be willing and able to train in Maintenance Systems (SAP), computer skills, lubricants & lubricating systems, & new technologies in predictive maintenance
- Support high performance culture and continuous improvement programs through active participation in plant productivity programs
- Comply and actively participate in all safety and environmental policies, procedures and programs.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisor
- This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned
- Contractors and outside Venders
- Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma or GED; Associate's degree preferred.
- 10 years (Ten 12-month periods) maintenance related experience , including a minimum of 2500 hours of on-the-job experience
- Must be able to work from blueprints or verbal instructions to mount or place system components
- Must be able to assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as compressors, condensers, evaporators and metering devices
- Must be able to start up systems, test lines to detect leaks, and record the readings taken to ensure that the system is functioning satisfactorily
- Must be able to repair heating equipment, troubleshoot gas-fired equipment and calibrate all gas-related controls
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical installation & construction, AC/DC motor drives, gearboxes, hydraulics & pneumatics systems
- Must be able to move up to 50 lbs.
- Perform area housekeeping duties
- Background in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer systems Must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Windows based PCs
- Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any shift, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be aware of potential exposure to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and high noise areas.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82016853
Apply on company website