We are currently looking for a new Buyer as one of our current Buyer's are moving into another role internally with our company.
As our new Buyer you'll be part of our dedicated and motivated Supply Chain team based at our production site in Roskilde, Denmark. Your primary responsibility will be the supply assurance and working with Materials Planning to understand the demand requirements for the assigned commodities.
You will support cost reduction strategies, participate in supplier negotiations, issue purchase agreements, new source identification and selection, and manage supplier relationships.
What will you do?
• Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to plan and execute purchase orders
• Manages incoming materials supply and inventory levels for product line(s), planning and purchasing for material requirements and ensuring flow of materials to meet manufacturing goals
• Understands and communicates component specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read drawings to determine dimensions, tolerances, and Incoming Quality Control (IQC) points.
• Work closely with corporate global trade and logistics to update and maintain required compliance code in ERP system for all parts, and responsible for reviewing ECO and working closely with suppliers and internal teams to update required data and communicate effectively
• Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and select suppliers to gain the best quality, cost and delivery of purchased material consistent with required standards
• Leads purchasing activities with manufacturing, engineering, and project management to identify alternative suppliers, and evaluate supplier performance and communicate with suppliers periodically
• Improves processes and creates efficiencies through lean initiatives (Practical Process Improvement) and project management and drives cost savings and quality improvement projects
• Work with key stakeholders to optimize inventory levels and participate in cross functional team meetings, execute and/or share all actions with team as required
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a self-driven, results oriented, and motivated individual who can work effectively without direct supervision. You must be able to take initiative and work independently towards defined goals, maintain procurement goals at highest level.
• Bachelor's degree in manufacturing operations, business administration, operations management, purchasing, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• + three years procurement experience, preferably in a high paced working environment
• Some experience in a scientific environment or medical device field preferred
• Experience with ERP Systems (Infor LX/SAP Preferred) and strong skills in MS office i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Strong project management- and organization skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Excellent and effective interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, and fluency in Danish as well as English
• Ability to develop strong support for change with all levels of internal and external organizations
• Ability to make decisions and solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where standardization may be limited
• Strong analytical skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, and ability to analyze trends and statistical data and make appropriate decisions and recommendations, and ability to interpret technical data and a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Knowledge of supply chain programs (consignment, JIT, VMI, Kanban etc.) and ability to manage project and execution of these programs
• Ability to understand market dynamics and develops/propose risk mitigation strategies
• Strong customer service focus to enhance satisfaction, demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Apply on company website