Job Title: Buyer II
Requisition ID: 118931BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This role will be based at our Marietta, OH facility.
How will you make an impact?
The Site Buyer performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials, drives continuous improvement with assigned suppliers and support the success of the factory to provide a dependable supply chain of material and services. The successful Site Buyer owns the responsibility and accountability of the Supplier's performance in meeting the demands of the factory.
What will you do?
- Assurance of Supply – right products, right time, in the right place
- Maintain Procurement Master Data in respective ERP system
- Conduct collaborative meeting with key suppliers to discuss metrics and forecast
- Supplier Management (Scorecard Review)
- Raw Material Inventory Health shared responsibility with raw material planners (Turns, DOS, E&O, SS and Consignment)
- Contract compliance
- Resolve supply disruptions as escalated by Materials Planning
- Resolve AP issues
- PO execution and maintenance
- Supports the development and implementation of procurement processes, standard work and tools
- Maintain master data – lead-time, pricing, MOQ's (lead), safety stock, min/max
- Lead all NPI activities in collaboration with R&D and Planning to ensure successful supplier launch (need to define NPD process)
- Point of escalation for supplier issues specific to commercial, quality
- Leverage and utilize the supplier issue app
- Leverage Procurement Excellence dashboard for input to QBRs and other report outs
- Work with Supplier Quality on supplier related quality issues
- Adopt and leverage the Procurement Toolbox
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
- 2+ years of business experience in a Procurement / Sourcing / Engineering position
- Experience in MRP / ERP systems
- Experienced in supplier consolidation and product transfer initiatives
- Project management experience preferred
- Global procurement experience preferred
- Experienced in managing contract manufacturers preferred
- C.P.M., APICS, CPIM certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Possess a basic technical understanding of how to interpret drawings / specifications
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75330027
Apply on company website