Cell & Gene Therapy Business Development Manager
When you are a part of our team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work in making the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $30B and approximately 80,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Cell & Gene Therapy Business Development Manager is positioned in the Cell & Gene Therapy Business Unit, which resides in both the Life Sciences & Laboratory Products Group (LSLPG) and Bioproduction Group (BPG).
How will you make an impact?
You will position workflows and solutions across Thermo Fisher Groups to directly establish adoption of our platforms into cell & gene therapy customers' manufacturing processes. While driving growth to achieve revenue targets, you will focus on the CGT market and develop strategic relationships with senior call points at assigned accounts. Your results will drive maximum share gain by fostering strategic collaborations driven by the CGT BU.
What will you do?
- Create account strategies highly relevant to these markets by leveraging the Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition to drive key areas of short-term and long-term growth.
- Interface with all levels of customer call points with emphasis on senior level relationships.
- Identify emerging, high growth accounts. Coordinate relevant strategy with local selling partner teams to develop long-lasting relationships with senior level account Executives and Key Opinion Leaders to create mutually beneficial business results.
- Influence internal divisional stakeholders to generate important end-customer value.
- Deploy a disciplined process to define, communicate, activate, execute and manage strategic choices that drive high growth returns.
- Utilize established internal systems, tools and funnel management processes rigorously
- Actively participate and lead cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include adept coordination of legal, manufacturing, marketing and R&D.
- Flourish while working in a global setting among different cultures.
How will you get here?
- Minimum 7 years of Biopharma sales experience with a strong track record for sales achievement
- Pronounced knowledge base in cell biology and genomics
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate activities within a matrixed environment and influence actions across a team of resources not directly reporting within.
- Possess an excellent understanding of the competitive landscape in the CGT market
- Strong negotiation, communication, presentation and resolution skills
- Financial acumen and self-leadership with a focus on analysis, planning, organization, execution and follow-up.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via weekly calls and reports as well as other communication methods.
- Incumbent must be located within the territory with a strong preference for Switzerland.
Apply on company website