CHEMICAL SALES SPECIALIST
HOME-OFFICE BASED, UK
With 70,000 extraordinary minds in our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher Scientific has an important story to tell. Whether we are helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Laboratory Chemicals Division (LCD) provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher's core research markets worldwide. LCD has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, especially Asia. LCD has five operational facilities in the US and Europe and sells a significant portion of its products through our channel partners in major markets around the world. We are now looking for a driven Chemical Sales Specialist to become part of our UK team. You will manage our business in a region covering central and Northern UK.
As the Chemical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for representing the Laboratory Chemical Products Brand portfolio to customers and supporting our channel partners. This role reports to the Region Manager who is located in the UK and involves selling the chemical brands from a general perspective and a project specific approach.
This role is field based, and it is expected that 85% of your time will be spent in direct contact with customers and working closely with channel partners. Due to the size of the territory, and the global nature of the business, overnight stays will be expected. Sales support will be provided by the Manager, Marketing, Product Management, Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the company under the brands Fisher Chemical, Acros Organics, Fisher BioReagents, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge, including bulk and custom products.
- Act as an ambassador of Thermo Fisher Scientific and fully embrace the company values.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers.
- Full and effective use of SFDC CRM system and Power BI sales reporting
- Develop a territory sales plan, including a Target Account Plan
- Achieve the sales plan for the territory
- Analyze sales on a monthly basis, noting reasons for business deviations, together with corrective actions to be taken.
- Build relationships with all channel partners including Fisher Scientific, particularly field based sales, acting as a specialist support for key accounts.
- Provide reports on a regular basis as requested. Such reports will include customer visit reports, pipeline monitoring, target account progress, etc.
- Effectively plan your customer visits maximizing personal contact.
- Make sales presentations and attend exhibitions and conferences.
- Submit enquiries and actively follow up quotations with the aim of maximizing numbers and conversion rates.
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a motivated person, who enjoys working independently and is solution driven. We also hope that you have experience of Chemical sales and a Chemistry related degree.
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Field-based or Inside Sales experience of working in a commercial environment within the chemicals market.
- A university degree, preferably in chemistry or equivalent.
- The ability to work well independently, be self-motivated and also work well in a team. We have a strong team ethic.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be confident in all types of customer situations
- Tenacity and determination to exceed targets
- Good organizational skills with clear prioritization of short and long-term tasks.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
As the world's leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 24 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives
Apply on company website