Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Basel, BS, Switzerland
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
Clinical Account Manager Switzerland and Austria
The primary objectives are:
- Develop and grow the Clinical Diagnostics business for Life Technologies/ Ion Torrent
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with key opinion leaders in the therapeutic area targeted (onco, infectious diseases…) and Public health organization in the territory (Reimbursement dept, accreditation, QC org…)
- Manage relationships with key Life collaborating partners
- Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Builds and maintains relationship with key decision makers or potential influencers. Involves a longer sales cycle.
- Responsible for selling the emerging diagnostic technologies portfolio specific to clinical laboratories within a designated territory.
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Identify sales opportunities primarily within clinical diagnostics groups and manage the complete sales process to completion
- Develop and execute business plans for targeted accounts. Complete a territory business analysis for management quarterly review.
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Integrate successfully into team selling environment by partnering sales efforts with other Life colleagues
- Assist in generating leads for other Genetic Analysis products
- Partner with marketing department to support the development and execution of marketing programs and sales materials
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Identify the full base of possible target customers by direct marketing and research including exploring additional applied markets
- Manage and maintain key relationships with collaborating partners
- Maintain and develop the CRM database, provide regular sales reports and forecasts
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology preferred
- Clear understanding of the Diagnostic markets, together with a proven track record of working with diagnostics solution based products in those markets
- Good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
- Ability to sell in a consultative manner such that customer need is discovered and addressed in an individualized clinical and data driven manner
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Familiarity with clinical and economic outcome data, reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years Sales experience in clinical market mandatory (management experience desirable)
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Proven track record in interaction with customers involving capital sales and applications support within the clinical markets
- Commercial acumen and the ability to promote a technical solution as a value for money exercise
- Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
- Excellent communication skills in German and English, written and spoken.
This role is home office based in Switzerland or Austria
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73556753
Apply on company website