When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific you'll do challenging work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Controls Engineer – Cramlington
We are recruiting for a Controls Engineer for the Cramlington site as part of an expansion project, to be involved in specifying, designing, fabricating and qualifying new equipment improvements.
Part of the BioProduction (BPD) Division, the team in Cramlington produce our range of Single-Use Technologies (SUT) which are typically used by biopharma companies around the world for drug development. We produce more than 2,000 products for our growing customer base and have been producing these products at Cramlington since 1997.
- Lead data-driven efforts to resolve problems
- Develop, manage and execute engineering projects to deliverables including performance metrics, budgets and timelines
- Lead the specification, design, fabrication and qualification of manufacturing equipment
- Use engineering tools and methods such as DOE, FMEA, SPC and statistical analysis
- Technical writing including engineering protocols and reports
- Development and implementation of procedures
- Design and implementation of automation systems for high-mix/low-volume production
- Proficient in MS Office and RSLogix5000 (Allen Bradley)
- Experience in validation of new equipment
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Solid hands-on experience in a Manufacturing or Production environment
Salary up to £45k, depending on experience.
Successful applicants will be required to attend at least one session of 3 weeks training in Logan, Utah on the new Chambers equipment. Accommodation and expenses will be provided whilst at the Logan site.
Apply on company website