Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees worldwide. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Project Manager I role reporting to Supervisor/Manager, Customer Excellence is part of the Bioproduction Group. It is a customer facing role supporting Sales, Operations, and Product Management with executing orders, and is responsible for the cross-functional execution of catalog and custom orders with the primary focus on relationship building and delivering a superior customer experience. Works under general direction using discretion to complete tasks, frequently solves problems through research of multiple alternatives, builds stable working relationships with internal and external contacts, and impacts the immediate workgroup through accuracy of tasks and information provided.
• Work with interfacing functions to ensure timely and accurate processing and delivery of orders (Feasibility, Packaging Engineering, Chemical Formulations, Accounting, Pricing, Product Management, Instruments, Distribution, and Customer Service)
• Serve as the customer advocate throughout internal processes. Troubleshoot, escalate and resolve issues and risks jeopardizing customer commitments. Communicate action plans and resolution to customer in a timely manner.
• Run reports, analyze data, develop presentations, support and/or lead customer conference calls, and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Work closely with customers and Account Managers to accurately capture purchase order requirements and secure business.
• Meet BioProduction business objectives around On-Time In-Full delivery, Customer Allegiance scores, and revenue targets for given account assignments.
• Requires BS/BA, or High School diploma with three years of customer facing environment (biotechnology industry preferred).
• Successful candidate is intellectually curious and results oriented with strong skills in the following areas written and verbal communications, interpersonal cross functional team-based interaction, organizational and detail orientation, analytical, planning, problem solving, and the basics of project management methodologies.
• Must have experience processing orders in various systems (e.g. Oracle E1/R12, SAP, Salesforce).
• Must demonstrate excellent proficiency in personal computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SFDC, Oracle software and SAP.
• Works in an office environment. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Limited travel is required (<10%).
• This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Apply on company website