About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Employee is responsible for entering order into the MBD-Lenexa ERP system and assisting our internal and external customers with resolution of customer service issues and complaints.
- Enter orders as they are received via fax, email and/or phone as assigned by management; perform quality verification of customer shipping information, order details, and pricing.
- Answer customer calls through a phone queue in a professional and timely manner.
- Update customer information (e.g. address, billing information, etc.) and submit the information to the Data Maintenance group.
- Reallocate products to ship from other warehouses as necessary.
- Update customers with product availability information.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email and phone in a professional manner; provide information within the area of assignment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Document customer complaints in the ERP system in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution of service/product.
- Provide internal customer support for field sales personnel.
- Respond to and maintain customer service email folder
- Utilize different resources as needed in Thermo Fisher Scientific's intranet.
- Perform all the essential functions of the Order Entry Representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
A Customer Service Representative (CSR) who has demonstrated the capacity for increased responsibility, based on mastery of the essential job functions, and superior performance, based on productivity and quality evaluations, may be considered advancement and add the following functions as necessary to meet the needs of the business:
Act as a mentor to and provide support to less senior CSRs. Create deliveries and print invoices. Allocate products for back orders. Maintain fax server database. Respond to customer service voicemail and email requests for information including document requests for technical documents. Prepare daily/weekly reports as requested by management.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Possess good communication, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess basic knowledge in math and ability to read.
- At least one year inbound call center / customer service experience.
- Must have previous experience with Word, Outlook and Excel.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website