This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. This position will utilize hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the job function. Strong leadership skills are also required.
- Leads a team of on-site staff who work across multiple scientific laboratories supporting Research, Quality, and Process Development functional areas. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff's performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Perform specific tasks associated with media and buffer preparation operations including but not limited to: small and large scale media and buffer preparation, calculations, aseptic technique, chemical inventory, use of standard laboratory equipment, troubleshooting, basic cell culture media, and GxP operations.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high-quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department, regularly.
- Collaborates with Program Manager and/or Site Manager to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI's, tracks trends, and implements best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Conducts site audits and annual physical inventory.
- Evaluates employees' training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual performance reports
- Performs basic supervisory activities including: documentation of performance issues, approval of time sheets, execution of disciplinary actions, review of employee performance, development of staff career goals, and safety incident reporting
- Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary
- Adheres to safety requirements and promotes a safe work environment through various safety initiatives within functional area
- Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP's) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works primarily at customer locations, in laboratory and office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, and storage locations
- May be required to work independently within customer location
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to work with carcinogenic, mutagenic, and irritant classified chemicals including Sodium Azide and Thimerosal
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done. Weekend, and after-hours support may occur as needed
- Must possess a minimum Associate's Degree. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Education in Life Sciences and familiarity with scientific lab environment.
- Must have, 2+ year's equivalent experience in a lab setting, with experience within a GXP environment
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to operate a computing system and possess a minimum of intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website