When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are looking for a SQL Data Analyst/Engineer who has strong SQL skills and the desire to build sustainable tools, reporting and environments that can scale as the business grows and conduct analysis, data mining, data exploration and data modeling in an asset management environment. You will also work with Data Analysts, Pricing Analysts and Business Stakeholders to develop solutions to meet data reporting needs.
- Conduct analysis, data mining, data exploration and data modeling in an asset management environment
- Preparation and analysis of customer service pricing, programs and profitability
- Extract, load, model and reconcile large amounts of data using Microsoft SQL Server
- Model data using Microsoft SQL Server, Excel and Power Bi
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review customer contracts and monitor/assure customer contract compliance
- Preparation in monthly forecasting of service spend and overall program financial health
- Strong Microsoft SQL Skills including but not limited to views, stored procedures and function creation and optimization
- Ensure performance and availability of databases
- ETL knowledge and capability
- Data Modeling / Database Design
- Perform baseline Microsoft SQL database administrative tasks
- Job creations and failure monitoring
- Evaluate datasets for quality and accuracy
- SQL Training to others as needed
- Collaborate with others in a positive and constructive way to ensure we meet our goals.
- Work with the various departments to ensure progress.
- Collaborate with members of the group in EMEA, NA and PacRim to work towards common process, systems and tools.
- Be a part of the wider team working on globalization of what we do.
- Be adaptable, flexible and a self-starter.
- Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting, finance or data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in financial reporting and analysis
- Advanced knowledge and capable skill utilizing T-SQL
- Substantial experience in writing and analyzing complex T-SQL queries
- Knowledge about SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Agent
- Experience handling multiple concurrent complex activities within a technical environment and ability to project risks and escalate to managers appropriately
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Office 365 products a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Flow is a plus.
- Experience with Power Bi a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Driving License.
- Willingness to travel frequently throughout Europe/European Territory. International traveling outside of Europe and specifically to the US may be required.
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written (In addition, a definite advantage would be a mastery of at least a second European language - German and then French preferred).
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73556439
Apply on company website