Job Title: Digital Remote Support Specialist
Reports to: Technical Support Management Team
Group / Division: AIG/IES
Position Location: US - Remote
Position Summary: The Digital Remote Support specialist (DRS) is responsible for creating an outstanding experience for new and existing customers. Armed with product and service knowledge combined with friendly energetic customer relationship skills, the DRS team provides customer support and technical assistance to customers in a fast paced and energetic environment. The position will primarily be Gas Chromatography (GC) and Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) instrumentation and quantitative analysis with Chromeleon chromatography data systems in both standalone and network environments.
Remote diagnostics and troubleshooting using Augmented Reality tools, and various other digital tools must be used effectively to ensure minimal disruption to these customer's analytical needs by minimizing the need for onsite service whenever possible, and generally provide a speedy resolution whenever problems appear.
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal, involving hardware, software, instrument consumables, and operation.
- Create, coordinate and manage all ticket types for Technical Support and Onsite service requests.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans to improve technical services including new and emerging digital capabilities, while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals.
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations.
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers.
- Promote and sell aftermarket products for the service organization
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Sales Engineers. Provide feedback to factory for product improvements.
- Achieve performance objectives personally and as a team
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction daily
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent related experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant field experience; previous laboratory or similar experience required.
- Keen ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and provide solutions to complex problems
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Active certification in product line required, or 80% of training in product techniques and at least 2 years of experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography instruments.
Other Job Requirements:
- Position supports customers in the Pacific Time Zone, 8 AM to 5 PM (10 AM to 7 PM central time).
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software, networking and PC hardware.
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority activities (tech support calls, training, travel, service calls and other group needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- A positive attitude, motivated, competitive and high energy is required
- Able to present complex ideas to non-technical audience and solve customer problems with patience and a positive approach
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to travel 5% of the time for business purposes
- May be asked to be on-call for after-hours phone support (as needed)
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82270450
Apply on company website