When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division Specific Information:
The Chemical Analysis Division provides a diverse mix of analytical instruments and associcated services to a broad range of end user markets including Safety & Security, Environmental, Food Safety, Energy, Mining, Life Science Manufacturing and Recycling, to name a few. Its instruments are deployed in the field and on the line, in challenging environments where customers put a premium on robustness, reliability and ease of use. They allow them to make decisions where they operate and streamline their businesses. CAD is a complex division with a global footprint, broad product portfolio and diverse customer base.
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Science/Solutions Leader in the Field & Safety Instruments (FSI) business will work closely with customers, research and development, application development, and business leaders to design, build, and implement strategies that can help enhance productivity, insights, and understanding through digital solutions for customers. This role will lead the development of processes, frameworks, and solutions supporting digital pipeline assessment and prioritization, and help drive successful customer outcomes for our digital solution offerings.
What will you do?
- Lead the digital science team and participate as a member of the senior management team for the business unit;
- Leverage experience and expertise to work with customers and product mangers to solve complex problems;
- Lead the digital/data science charge for overall FSI strategic planning;
- Work with commercial and finance to create the right foundation and metrics in the annual operating plan;
- Beta test and launch the first cloud services based initiative in FSI;
- Act as the ambassador within the business for Digital transformation;
- Conduct industry and market research to identify trends and opportunities to improve products and services through digital technologies;
- Support design, development, implementation of business and operating models including vision and strategy, business processes, frameworks, operational and governance structures and performance metrics within;
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives;
- Bring system level thinking to develop comprehensive solutions that span, instrument, edge, and cloud applications;
- Liaise between business, R&D, technology, sand product support teams;
- Comply with company's Global IT Policies & Procedures.
How will you get here?
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Master Degree/ MBA optional
- Experience in business strategy and/or 5 + years digital solution development experience
- A strong background in data and technology. i.e. IoT, Cloud, Data Science
- Work experience as a Product Manager for software or digital solutions is a plus.
- Experience with outcome based solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to communicate well on all levels
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills across global / matrix relationship set-up's
- Ability to multi-task in a flexible environment & Patience to work under pressure
- Lead, coach, and develop people and teams
- Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Strong analytical and product management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and value proposition and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% (domestic and global)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website