Location/Division Specific Information
Diagnostic Services (DxS) is part of the Specialty Diagnostics Group within Thermo Fisher Scientific, providing services and products to leading IVD manufacturers globally. The Dx Services portfolio includes diagnostic reagents, assays, and laboratory automation & analyzers, and is using the capabilities and footprint of Thermo Fisher Scientific sites in Europe, the US and China. This role will require regular travel approximately 30%.
How will you make an impact?
The Director of Business Development will manage the business relationships with existing customers, which includes seeking new and incremental business with those customers, as well as to identify, target and propose new business with new customers. Business relationships with existing customers includes continually expanding the network of contacts and establishing frequent contact with key decision makers. With a combination of both existing and new customers, this position is expected to create a pipeline of new business opportunities, and to prioritize those opportunities to bring in new business. The position may be based remotely but would require frequent travel to meet with key clients as well as SDG's CDMO manufacturing centers . Expected travel is approximately 30%.
What will you do?
- Lead existing business and customer relationships while building a new business pipeline for OEM/Contract Manufacturing business.
- Drive key customer relationship management activities including maintaining, building and continually expanding key contacts with decision makers and influencers at all leadership levels within our existing customers and prospects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IVD industry, trends and internal manufacturing competencies/capabilities to identify and pursue potential new partners (prospecting).
- Manage new business acquisition from proposals development and pricing negotiation through contract negotiation and close
- Lead and support Key Account team to ensure timely responses to all customer inquiries. Drive quotation process and ensure all RFQ requirements are met.
- Partner with the Dx Services Strategic Account Directors to identify new business opportunities for Middletown, as well as to provide referrals and assist with establishing connections for the other CDD businesses.
- Manage a team of Key Account Managers responsible for the routine, operational management of customer relationships
- Lead business case development and justification to determine the merits and prioritization (e.g. profitability, strategic fit/interest, capacity and resource utilization) of business opportunities.
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to strategic marketing and emerging business opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver business/technical/capability presentations.
- Key participant across the organization in the development and implementation of a strategic planning and project prioritization.
How will you get here?
- B.S. Degree in Scientific Field or Business
- MBA preferred or Professional certifications with management in a Diagnostic or related industry
- >5 years total prior experience; minimum of 3 years in Leadership roles with experience in IVD Industry.
- >5 years Sales, Business Development, Strategic Marketing or National/Corporate accounts, demonstrating the ability to identify prospects, proceed through sales cycle, and close new agreements
Must Have - Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Financial & business acumen to understand understands key operational components/drivers and assesses opportunity attractiveness (IRR/return on investment/NPV)
- Marketing competence to perform market landscaping, customer segmentation and develop/quantify clear value proposition and messaging for services product offering
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Operations, Supply Chain, and Project Management
- Proven track record in Strategic Account Management
Apply on company website