When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking a Director of Customer Loyalty and Experience who is a dynamic leader with a track record of success managing customer loyalty programs. The Director will lead customer loyalty and related customer programs for the Bioscience Division (BID) at Thermo Fisher Scientific, with accountability for strategy, execution, and results across all channels. The position reports to the Vice President, BID Marketing and works closely with business and functional leaders, within the division and across the wider organization, as needed to deliver world class experience to our customers.
How will you make an impact?
The professional who best fits this position is passionate about and has a vision for the future of customer loyalty and is determined to deliver results through continuous improvement of our customers' all around experience. To be successful, this professional must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment at a global level and collaborating with large cross-functional teams across the organization.
What will you do?
• Leads the vision, development, and delivery of BID's overarching customer loyalty strategy and supports corresponding initiatives working closely with senior leaders across the wider organization. Ensures that such initiatives – inclusive of a loyalty program - will help BID to foster more direct and trusted relationships with our customers that will lead to vocal advocacy
• Owns the BID loyalty program design, development, implementation and ongoing management and performance measurement
• Accountable to achieve loyalty initiatives revenue, EBITA, and all related KPI targets as mutually established with the business
• Advocates customer loyalty across business units, regions and functions to ensure that a customer loyalty mindset is adopted across BID. Influences and educates the wider BID marketing organization to adopt customer loyalty as an integral part of the marketing mix.
• Manages and grows customer equity for BID's brands in alignment with the BID overarching loyalty strategy. Acts as a brand ambassador who understands, upholds, and communicates our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
• Develops comprehensive customer segmentation and the corresponding personalized marketing strategy to drive loyalty program membership and desired member behavior.
• Works with internal cross-functional teams providing leadership into the creation and management of customer database acquisition, customer profiles, customer segmentation, reporting, testing, and analysis
• Drives the development of strategic marketing plans for cross-BID programs, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities. Stays current on market trends in order to continually improve the BID customer programs and overall customer experience
• Interacts and communicates with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, report out to leadership, and engagement of various external consultants as needed.
• As needed, manages any other cross-business initiatives leading to improved customer experience
How will you get here?
• BA/BS degree in Business or Marketing field; MBA, or relevant advanced degree preferred
• 8+ years of experience in marketing or customer experience management
• 5+ years of experience developing, commercializing and managing a customer loyalty program
• Experience defining and executing multi-channel loyalty strategies
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive superior results
• Experience with planning, executing, and tracking large marketing budgets
• Analytics report design and strategy - understanding the appropriate KPIs to show success and setting appropriate metrics and targets
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior leaders on a regular basis
• Demonstrated ability to work with consulting agencies to tackle business improvement problems
• Passion for learning, testing, and creating new practices as it relates to “go-to-market”, customer loyalty and advocacy and the overall customer experience improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with managing customer loyalty program and related initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
• Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills
• Collaborative and able to build strong relationships quickly
• Experience with CRM database management
• Knowledge of direct marketing (outbound and inbound) trends and tactics
• Strong working knowledge of the eCommerce and the interactive digital marketing environment
• Financial analysis skills and the ability to tie strategies and planned actions to results
• Must be able to derive insight and provide actionable recommendations to senior leadership
• Must have exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website