How will make an impact?
The Finance Director position plays an integral role in the Operations and Finance leadership for Thermo Fisher Scientific's Global Business Services (GBS) operation. The position will partner with GBS and business operations and finance leadership providing global financial and data analytics and support for teams focused on delivering over $500 million in productivity savings annually.
What will you do?
The position supports all GBS business partners with a substantial focus on Procurement, Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and Supply Chain. The position will lead a team of 6 in operations finance and FP&A and contribute to the development and execution of the GBS annual operating plan (AOP) and play an integral part in aligning corporate operation team goals with businesses
- Lead a team of six providing financial and operational support and guidance to Global Business Services departments and their operations and finance stakeholders
- Partner with the VP of Global procurement and team members providing business consolidations, analytics and guidance on direct gross and net sourcing savings and indirect sourcing savings. Work closely with the procurement team and businesses to assist and acquire an intimate understanding of the development and realization of targets, challenges, gaps and pipeline for businesses. Participate in category management / make buy initiatives as needed
- Partner with the VP of Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and the various team members providing business consolidation, analytics and guidance on PPI gross and net savings. Gain an in-depth understand of the targets, challenges, gaps and pipeline of key projects. Work with GBS and Operations Leadership Council (OLC) team members to identify productivity lost opportunities within Scrap, Absorption, Freight and Duty, Warranty etc. and sponsor / deliver the analytics on root causes and recommendations in line with business support to reduce productivity lost
- Partner with the VP of Supply Chain and respective business finance and operations teams in support of the GBS center led Supply Chain approach of strengthening processes tailored to divisions while building division capabilities. Align with center led SME's and coaches in helping define processes, standards and improvement projects in support of piloted / targeted businesses. Support ad-hoc projects as required to acquire data / insight on supply chain inefficiencies
- Assure business Operations Finance team MBR/QBR data is accurately captured / communicated assuring the teams understand quarterly and annual progress/gaps
- Champion the finance operations best practice team and the communication and adherence to the revised productivity guidelines – Develop a regular cadence with team members to drive and communicate best practices and assure a library of FAQ's are consistently updated and available to stakeholders
- Lead AOP and forecast development for GBS functional spend and work with the respective Functional VP's and business operations and finance teams to develop savings AOP's and forecasts – Lead consolidation of GBS functions and shared services AOP's and forecasts
How will you get here?
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- 7-10 years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership within a large, professionally managed operating company
- Manufacturing insight with knowledge of GAAP, cost accounting, and financial reporting
- Experience leading diverse global financial consolidations accurately and timely
- Demonstrated experience in a large, multinational, heavily matrixed organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills in large matrix organizations
- Ability to influence and engage business partners, peers, direct/indirect reports; Have ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Self-reliant, problem solver and results oriented
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM preferred
- Strong team building skills and proven ability to work with a diverse group of people in a global-matrixed environment
- Demonstrated success attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining high-potential talent
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's)
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website