When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Clinical Diagnostics Reagent (CDR) Business Unit develops and manufactures a wide range of diagnostic reagents, including automated immunoassays, clinical chemistry and hematology reagents, and high volume solutions for automated diagnostic instruments. A large majority of the business is providing products that are developed and manufactured on an OEM basis with the global leaders of the in vitro diagnostic industry. CDR currently employs more than 350 employees at its primary facility in Middletown, Virginia. The business also has a small, but growing team in Suzhou, China. CDR is one of four businesses within the Clinical Diagnostic Division (CDD), with the other three businesses located in Northern California, Germany and Finland.
How will you make an impact?
The Director of Business Development & Strategy is responsible for managing the business relationships with existing customers, which includes seeking new and incremental business with those customers, as well as to identify, target and propose new business with new customers. Business relationships with existing customers includes continually expanding the network of contacts and establishing frequent contact with key decision makers. With a combination of both existing and new customers, this position is expected to create a pipeline of new business opportunities, and to prioritize those opportunities to bring new business to CDR.
The position may be based remotely, but would require frequent travel to Middletown, Virginia. Expected travel is approximately 30% if based in Middletown, VA and 75% travel if remote based.
What will you do?
- Manage existing business and customer relationships while building a new business pipeline for OEM/Contract Manufacturing business.
- Drive key customer management activities including maintaining, building and continually expanding key contacts with decision makers and influencers at all management levels within our existing customers and prospects.
- Leverage knowledge of IVD industry, trends and internal manufacturing competencies/capabilities to identify and pursue potential new partners (prospecting).
- Manage new business acquisition from proposals development and pricing negotiation through contract negotiation and close
- Lead and support Key Account team to ensure timely responses to all customer inquiries. Manage quotation process and ensure all RFQ deadlines are met.
- Partner with the CDD Strategic Account Directors to identify new business opportunities for Middletown, as well as to provide referrals and assist with establishing connections for the other CDD businesses.
- Manage a team of Key Account Managers responsible for the routine, operational management of customer relationships
- Lead business case development and justification to determine the merits and prioritization (e.g. profitability, strategic fit/interest, capacity, and resource utilization) of business opportunities.
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to strategic marketing and emerging business opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver business/technical/capability presentations.
- Key participant across the organization in the development and implementation of a strategic planning and project prioritization.
- B.S. Degree in Scientific Field or Business, or equivalent applicable experience
- MBA preferred or Professional certifications with management in a Diagnostic or related industry
- 10-15 years total prior experience; minimum of 5 years in Management with experience in IVD Industry.
- 5-10 years Sales, New Business Development, Strategic Marketing or National/Corporate accounts, demonstrating the ability to identify prospects, proceed through sales cycle, and close new agreements
- Financial & business acumen to understand understands key operational components/drivers and assesses opportunity attractiveness (IRR/ROI/NPV) and
- Marketing acumen to perform market landscaping, customer segmentation and develop/quantify clear value proposition and messaging for services product offering
- Strong familiarity with Operations, Supply Chain, and Project Management
- Proven track record in Strategic Account Management
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73725456
Apply on company website