Job Title: Director, Product Marketing
Location: Europe, Remote or US East Coast, Remote
This position is responsible for developing and executing both short- term annual operating plan commitments and long-term profitable growth for New Customers, using Cryo EM in Academia within the life sciences business. Utilize the STRAP process to build strategic portfolio options for a 3 to 5 year horizon. Determine actual and future technical market requirements, evaluate and observe the competitive environment and develop strategies to continuously improve Thermo Fisher's position in the New Customer segment while penetrating new adjacent segments in order to expand the customer base.
Leading through Sr. Manager and Director level managers in the different functional organizations like R&D, Sales, Marketing and Operations. Direct management responsibility of Product Marketing Managers, leveraging and developing the team to meet AOP targets
- Deliver financial commitments: Monitor business performance (incl. bookings, margin, market position), identify issues and drive improvement actions.
- Product Portfolio Management: Oversee the complete product portfolio and ensure a winning portfolio mix while minimizing costs. Align with other segments leaders to optimize the full product portfolio
- Overarching Strategy: Develop and present the overarching strategy for the segment. Screen application and technology opportunities to identify new market opportunities or potentially disrupting trends.
- Product and business development – Assess needs of customers and markets, develop business plans to create solutions that will gain market share.
- Market Management – Determine which segments of the market to focus on. Develop positioning and supporting material to market complete solutions of targeted products.
- Collect Voice of the Customer (VoC) and Market Trends - Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use our products to R&D and Sales. Provide feedback on new features needed in a market to the product lines. Identify, document and communicate market trends.
- Strategic Planning – Develop Marketing Strategy for (new) products and implement Marketing Plans, in the context of our Product Management Process (PMP).
- Marketing (Launch) Plan Execution – Complete regular reviews of objectives versus plan to deliver quarterly and long term business objectives. Review key metrics to ensure achievement of the marketing plan and on time product launches.
- Innovation/New Product Introduction– Create the value proposition for innovation/new solution and product introductions and validate with key customers. Work closely with Product Management to deliver on solutions roadmaps. Create material and deliver training for Sales team. Responsible for execution of Innovation/New Product Introduction plan and targets.
- Sales Support – Maintain relationships with key customers and works to develop them into reference customers to help sales in a region or globally. Supporting new product sales promotions in the field with direct customer interaction, commercial and technical presentations and collateral.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders, lead cross-functional teams, works closely with R&D and Sales team to ensure that the company develops the appropriate solutions and services delivering exceptional customer value while achieving the financial objectives for the product.
- Continuous Improvement: monitor and continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of strategy execution by implementing powerful business processes (PPI).
- 7 + years of Marketing and/or Business Strategy experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline required, advanced technical degree or MBA or PhD highly preferred
- Experience working for a global, highly-matrixed company in a scientific, life sciences, or similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key business partners and customers to impact growth
- Excellent strategy, planning and execution with a strong results-oriented approach. The ability to create a vision of a product, translate it into strategy and value-driven roadmap
- Commercial sensibility: ability to recognize growth opportunities and execute on them.
- Effective leadership, adept at team-building and experienced in change management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
- Willingness to travel (on average 30 %) both domestic and internationally, as required.
- Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82471343
Apply on company website