When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Team Lead, the position will create and revise simple assembly drawings for new bioprocess container inquiries using AutoCAD. Drafter will also be required to run costing for updated/created designs. This position will also work on projects as assigned by manager.
- Create and modify simple bioprocess container chambers and assemblies according to marked up drawings and/or simple instructions
- Utilize AutoCAD Mechanical in creating product drawings using predesigned blocks and following bioprocess container design guidelines
- Create new blocks as requested
- Effectively navigate within Sales Force to download design requirements and upload completed drawings
- Operate within PDM Enterprise (electronic file management system) to check drawings in and out maintaining accurate drawing versions and histories
- Utilize Master Control (document management system) to pull specification numbers and complete training sign-offs
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Proactively participate in the companies continuous improvement programs
- Practice Thermo Fisher Scientific's core values, Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement in all daily activities
- Associate degree, Technical Drafting degree, or previous drafting experience
- Competence in Microsoft and other office application software
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Ability to create/modify drawings based on daily expectations while maintaining quality of work.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality customer support
- Attention to detail
- Organize priorities to meet customer deadlines
- Support 24hr/7day a week global operation
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Competence with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks applications
- Successful completion of on-site AutoCAD test
- High school diploma required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82471373
Apply on company website