Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco, CA | Genetic Science Division
How will you make an impact?
You are a passionate embedded software engineer who will be part of the instrument control team working on various scientific instrumentation in qPCR, Capillary Electrophoresis, and Microarray platforms. You will be rapid prototyping new instruments utilizing modular framework, as well as sustain existing products in the field.
What will you do?
• Develop instrument control logic on embedded Linux platform that interfaces with low level firmware and application business logic
• Develop in-depth knowledge, architect, implement, sustain, and expand our proprietary instrument framework
• Customize Linux OS and build system image, design re-usable framework for robustness and security,
• Follow software development best practices, conduct design reviews, and automation testing strategy
• Work independently and collaboratively in a cross functional team and in a distributed environment
How will you get here?
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
• 4+ years of relevant embedded development experience
• Strong expertise in C/C++, Python, and Linux OS
• Python: In-depth knowledge of threading model, data structures, experience creating Python bindings in C and C++, and experience with regular expressions
• Excellent experience in Linux system development from the ground up, using tools like "debootstrap"
• Experience in bootstrapping on different architectures (UBoot for ARM, GRUB/LILO for x86, etc)
• Kernel configuration and development
• Cross-compilers: How to build binutils, gcc, etc for different targets
• Proficient in building large multi-threaded applications that deal with mutexes, resource handling, race conditions, process spawning and lifecycle, signals, IPC, sockets, Linux DBUS interface
• Prior medical device industry is highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Exposure to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), and/or Android-x86
• Knowledge in NDK (Android Native Development Kit) and debugging tools (eg. gdb andpdb)
• Hands on experience with Kernel device drivers and USB interfaces is highly preferred
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75695398
Apply on company website