When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Engineer II will apply technical expertise in the coordination of multiple projects involving the planning, design, reconfiguration, construction and alteration of systems or equipment.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to develop creative solutions/capabilities related to manufacturing challenges and opportunities.
- Identifies process and equipment enhancements/replacement opportunities through application of advanced engineering principles.
- Develops detailed equipment specifications, performance expectations and selects vendors.
- Performs selection of equipment/systems for manufacturing.
- Develops and presents capital business cases to site and corporate leadership for approval.
- Writes protocols, performs factory acceptance testing, coordinates deliver and equipment install.
- Leads qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ) across engineering, manufacturing, facilities, maintenance, quality and other functional partners to complete projects in support of manufacturing.
- Provide technical assessment and validation review/approval for engineering changes.
- Accountable to complete projects within budget and achieve desired returns.
- Manages vendors and contractors to ensure project quality and timeliness.
- Participates in industry events/research to identify technologies for potential application.
- As required supports customer and regulatory inspections/inquiries.
- Interprets, executes and recommends modification to site policies.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering or related education and industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience selecting equipment, preferably in a regulated environment with increasing levels of responsibility including design, installation, validation/performance qualification.
- Must be able to work independently, organize and manage projects by demonstrating progress against defined milestones, budgets and schedules.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality systems, engineering design and start-up fundamentals and industry trends.
- Requires strong technical writing, mechanical aptitude, verbal communication, and interpersonal and problem solving skills.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82471648
Apply on company website