Job Title: Engineer II, R&D Service & Support
Requisition ID: 95706
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the
industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking strong candidates to support internal hardware within the Ion Torrent R&D organization. This will involve working within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists to support research and product development efforts in RUO and IVD environments. This individual will be part of a larger team tasked with overall hardware support and maintenance at each of the Ion Torrent sites.
What will you do?
- Focus on increasing new system installs and leveraging other Ion Torrent platforms to increase project productivity.
- Support project development to ensure a smooth transition to new systems.
- Track and quantitate failures and failure modes on internal instruments, including pulling necessary information from rest of the R&D team.
- Provide service support for newly developed units, leveraging other Ion Torrent Platforms to increase project productivity.
- Develop support and training material for the broader Life Tech support organization and Field Service teams.
- Assist in maintaining Ion Torrent instrumentation including debugging, troubleshooting and repairing faulty instrumentation within the Ion Torrent organization.
- Work closely with the Ion Torrent Global Support Team to analyze and debug field hardware issues.
How will you get here?
- B.S. Engineering, Biology or related field with 1+ years experience in system engineering, hardware development or field service engineering. Any equivalent work-related experience will also be considered.
- In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Committed and enthusiastic about Ion Torrent next generation sequencing programs
- Resourceful and flexible
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and trustworthy
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities
- An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device industries
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website