Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Bengaluru, KA, India
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and modify and maintain manual software testing scripts.
- Create, update, maintain, and execute test plans that include manual test cases.
- Develop and maintain assets to support test cases including configurations and data.
- Work with Product Owners to ensure that software requirements are complete and that software tests appropriately exercise the requirements.
- Work closely with Software Engineers and Product Owners to resolve issues.
- Work with development teams to understand software design and functionality as deemed necessary.
- Report on testing results and track issues to completion.
- Troubleshoot, report and track issues in the issue tracking software.
- Adhere to established organisational policies, procedures and standards.
- Review, collaborate and recommend on software testing processes and frameworks.
- Create metrics and increase test coverage.
- Make recommendations that may have an impact on existing or future systems/applications, products, services or procedures and business processes.
- Own and participate in end-to-end feature testing using industry best practices.
Required Skills and knowledge
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
- Understanding and work experience in the field of genetics or molecular biology is must.
- Experience in Sequencing data analysis and familiar with bioinformatics tools.
- Work experience with major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test).
- Strong experience developing test cases – both functional and technical.
- Test data preparation, Defect identification, and root cause analysis.
- Ability to work with a distributed team of testers and automation engineers.
- Previous working experience with DNA/RNA sequencing and qPCR is preferred
- Previous working experience in Scripting language such as Unix, Python and R Language.
- Preferred Experience with touch screen testing and automation via Appium for Android.
- Preferred Experience in functional testing of an embedded system like lab instruments e.t.c
- Experience testing across multiple operating systems.
- Experience with Jira, HP QC or also any other Test case Management Tool.
- Knowledge of QA best practices such as behaviour/test-driven development
- Experience documenting and formalising QA practices that are largely manual.
- Worked in Agile Methodologies
Apply on company website