Job Title: Software Developer-UI
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are Digital Engineering Team - the software center of excellence for Thermo Fisher Scientific. We are responsible for developing and delivering SaaS based applications and digital lab (Cloud-based) tools, to help scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our world class software products and solutions accelerate scientific discovery and lab productivity. These solutions
- provide rich content, selection tools, collaboration tools and scientific apps that allow our customers to focus on innovation and the complexities of their science.
- create a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way — where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science.
- enable our customers to efficiently manage their lab by providing them insight to workflow processes, asset uptime and product availability.
We give them the flexibility to access what they need when they need it, allowing them to select and receive products and services across multiple channels. We apply industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud.
The role is of a hands-on UI developer (individual contributor) who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming thereby actively contributes to the development of new features. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the design and contribute towards identifying technical risks and alternate solutions to various problems
- Proven experience with design, and implementation of distributed systems
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Stay up to date with new technologies and determine how to incorporate these into future platform capabilities
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
- Share business and technical learnings with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
- Work collaboratively across the Technology, UX, and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- 6+ years' in Senior Software Engineer role
- Demonstrated experience with HTML5, CSS3 and the DOM.
- An understanding of web components and Shadow DOM.
- Experience with unit testing with Jest.
- Experience with Puppeteer/Jest for e2e automation testing.
- Experience with large-scale consumer-facing production software and cloud deployment strategies.
- Proficiency with other SPA frameworks (Angular, Vue.js, React, etc.)
- Experience with Git and the Git Pull Request process.
- Some experience writing Node.js scripts.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Experience with React/Preact and JSX/VDOM rendering.
- Experience building web components using Stencil.js or Polymer.
- Experience with D3.js for building interactive plots and visualizations.
- Experience building hybrid applications with Electron or CEF.
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website