When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Equipment Operator, Folder-Gluer sets up, adjusts, and operates folding machine to fold printed materials to prescribed specifications, including types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness. Responsible for meeting customer fold specifications including types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness. Operation includes the ability to continuously improve job make ready/setup times and production run speeds while maintaining strict quality standards in accordance with cGMP and SOPs.
What will you do?
- Prepares make-ready of the feeder, glue system, folder plates, right angle knife folder, delivery stacker, and pack station and inspection systems.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates folding machine to fold printed sheets to prescribed specifications, including types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness.
- Responsible for meeting customer fold specifications including construction types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness.
- Sets up and operates automated computer controlled integrated inspection system.
- Operation includes the ability to continuously improve job make ready/setup times and production run speeds while maintaining strict quality standards in accordance with cGMP and SOPs.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Maintains the machine and area in accordance with the standard operation procedures.
- Maintains daily and monthly production goals and schedules proactively relaying any obstacles encountered to management to insure smooth operations.
- Maintains the press and storage area in a constant state of cleanliness. This includes putting away tools and stock after use, properly disposing of all excess and scrap after each run, cleaning up any scrap or stock that may be on the floor and taking out the garbage at the end of the shift and maintaining the storage area.
- Maintains the equipment room in an organized manner in order to operate at the highest level of productivity.
- Maintains the general work area in a clean and organized manner
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on equipment
- Understands and follows all SOPs and Work Instructions that relate to equipment operations on each equipment.
- Demonstrates excellent documentation practices at all times
- Ability to work in an organized manner, paying close attention to even the smallest detail, while maintaining a clean professional work environment.
- Follows all safety procedures when operating all manufacturing equipment or when handling chemicals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate team work when necessary to insure jobs are completed per established timelines.
- Ability to multi-task to optimize production while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's).
How will you get here?
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Designated position for mandatory vision testing every two years
- Printing industry and/or bindery experience preferred
- Ability to lift and maneuver materials weighing up to 70 lbs
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with internal customers.
- Must be able to accept work instructions on a daily basis.
- Cooperative and professional team player
- Ability to learn new tasks and accept new responsibilities
- Prior experience operating folding equipment preferred.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website