Field-based role: Territory covers EMEA region
Candidate location: Flexible, anywhere Europe (but ideally UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria or Switzerland)
Contract duration: Permanent
We are looking for a Field Application Specialist to join our Chromatography Purification Team. You will be working closely with our current and potential customers in the Biopharma Sector to match our cutting-edge purification products (chromatography resins) to their needs, helping us to win new business, expand our market share and drive long term sales.
This is a field-based role, involving extensive travel across the EMEA region. We can be very flexible on candidate location and will consider all Europe-based candidates but are particularly interested in candidates based in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
What will you do?
- Work closely with our commercial sales team to provide support to the customer through the full sales cycle and to support their technical requirements in product development, implementation and ongoing use
- Attend pre-sales meetings to give technical presentations on the features and benefits of our POROS and CaptureSelect chromatography products
- Hold technical discussions with the customer on their downstream purification challenges and solutions; position Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities as appropriate
- Product evaluations, purification process development and chromatography optimisation
- Draft detailed technical reports from customer interactions and provide feedback on technical problems/solutions
- Present Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography capabilities at external conferences and at customer sites
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders in various EMEA locations
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
- BSc (or higher) in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or similar
- Several years' experience in a downstream processing role where purification methods were developed using chromatography resins or similar
- Ability to operate commonly used chromatography software programmes and interpret data
- Knowledge of small, pilot and large-scale column packing a plus
- Knowledge of analytical techniques used to support purification processes, including HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Spectroscopy, plus ability to interpret subsequent data sets
- A commercial mindset, strong presentation skills and confident in a customer-facing role
- Fluent in English, additional European languages a plus
- Willing to travel extensively across EMEA region, including frequent overnights
- Full driving licence
What we offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Sales bonus
- Company car
- Fully flexible benefits package: including Private Healthcare, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Discounted Gym Membership, Pension Scheme & more
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
- The opportunity to work with and influence cutting-edge life science technologies
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It's not just a career, it's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73553398
Apply on company website