Position: Field Applications Manager, North America - Hillsboro, OR
Location: Hillsboro, OR - Must be open to relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 75,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
With a tradition of innovation and leadership, Thermo Fisher Scientific enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. Thermo Fisher Scientific designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide Thermo Fisher Scientific team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
As a member of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Field Applications Team you will work with companies on the leading edge of semiconductor innovation as they develop and characterize the processes that will lead to the technologies of tomorrow.
The North American Field Applications Engineering Manager is responsible for directing all aspects of the Field Applications personnel. The field applications group supports customers at many locations around North America. In addition, this team of highly trained Field Applications Engineers supports business development, applications development, and technical marketing from Thermo Fisher's Corporate Headquarters in Hillsboro, Oregon. The Applications Manager should be able to speak technically about our products and be able to direct the day-to-day tasks of the Engineers within this regional group. Major responsibilities shall include scheduling, management of personnel issues, ownership of applications plans for each site, management of customer satisfaction at each site, supporting the Business Development team and close interaction with Product Marketing and Sales.
- Support the Marketing Division and Sales Organization by meeting customer requirements in the field and in the factory through planning and integration of Field Applications Engineers activities
- Manage all aspects of the Field Applications Engineers, including personnel and performance issues, day-to-day activities, and budgeting
- Own applications planning for each customer site supported by the Field Applications Engineers and work closely with Marketing Divisions and Sales to ensure success of tool on site
- Provide feedback to Sales and Marketing on customer requirements and requests
- Work with current customers to help create use cases for Thermo Fisher tools that will promote further sales
- Support the initiatives from the Business Development organization
- Develop and maintain a highly skilled and capable workforce.
- Stay current on Thermo Fisher's product lines and be able to advance applications knowledge in these areas
- Manage and support the customer base by developing and conducting basic and advanced customer training
- Develop and conduct technology transfer documents and training programs in applications for technical staff
- Develop scientific and technical information at conferences and meetings in support of sales and marketing efforts
- Provide scientific and technical support to R & D, Manufacturing, Customer Service and other departments as required
- Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
- Other duties as assigned
- Typically requires a University degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field, preferably an advanced degree
- Typically requires 5+ years experience supporting high-performance tools, including a combination of experience in applications, technology, systems design, program management, field service or related roles
- Typically requires 5+ years experience managing service, support or applications engineers in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with customers in support of system sales (e.g., pre-sales applications development, JDP, field support)
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to manage a large group of people, including remote reports
- Must be able to travel internationally with the ability to obtain a valid passport
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82434815
Apply on company website