Job Title: Field Applications Scientist II
Requisition ID: 184519BR
Must live close to a major airport. Territory will cover WA, OR, MT, ID, & UT.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific!
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How you will make an impact!
Provides scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers on Ion Next Generation Sequencing and Applied Biosystems Capillary Electrophoresis products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Acts as a trusted expert to our research and health care focused customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
What you will do:
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars
- Helps support technical training for Sales Representatives.
- Collaborates with Sales Representatives to develop technical selling strategies and accompany to customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Participates in the field test site determination process.
- Represents Thermo Fisher at conferences and trade shows to present Thermo Fisher products and gather information.
- Accompanies Sales Representatives to Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication.
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher workflow including Service contracts and customer training.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers both on-site and at Thermo Fisher training centers.
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for Thermo Fishers' instrument and applications workflows.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members.
- Provides and continuously updates customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all enquiries from customers
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager and Sales partners through written reports and regular conversations.
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Participates in inter-departmental projects
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- Participates actively to support Sales and Service meetings as required
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- BA or BS in Biology, MicroBiology, BioChemistry or related scientific field.
- MS or PhD is strongly preferred
- Position will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion
- 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
- Extensive experience using personal computers and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostics and/or regulated market
- Experience in Agricultural studies and or business
- Experience in sample and library preparation for sequencing applications.
- 1+ year of working with ThermoFisher instruments preferred.
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Capillary Electrophoresis and/or Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Is tenacious, decisive, nimble and quick, able to adapt from one situation to another quickly
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Bioinformatics skills a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Apply on company website