When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for a territory based in Southern California, ideally in or between Los Angeles and San Diego, and which also includes, but is not limited to Nevada and Arizona. Travel expectation is up to 85%, often with less than 1 days notice via automobile or airplane.
How will you make an impact?
The person in this role will execute a support/service strategy while providing an exceptional customer experience through best practices and standard operating procedures. This position will focus on the holistic care of instrumentation within the allergy and autoimmune diseases in the in-vitro diagnostics space. The individual will provide service and repair work on the highly complex and fully integrated systems placed in hospitals and commercial laboratories.
What will you do?
- System installations, troubleshooting, service and repair
- Perform preventative maintenance and manage regional preventative maintenance schedules
- Complete assigned service calls and manage accounts within a regional customer base
- Provide onsite service training to BioMedical Engineering Technicians (BMET) or advanced operators
- Manage expenses and spare parts inventory
- Document daily service actions through the company work order database
- Assisting fellow Field Service Engineers with more complex installations and repairs
How will you get here?
- Associates Degree required
- Strong competency in electrical/electronics, mechanics, software and chemistry technology.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interface with customers in a positive, professional manner.
- A minimum of 1-3 years work experience in a related field.
- Must be computer literate, an analytical thinker with good engineering aptitude. Some field service experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision (more supervision if assigned to the home office).
- Action Oriented takes on opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong Customer Focus builds strong relationships and delivers customer-centric service.
- Plans and aligns work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, push and pull equipment, and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet
- Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours at a time
- Some exposure to biohazards is a possibility during the course of instrument repair, as these instruments are used in biohazard environments and come in contact with human bodily fluids. Biohazard training, safety equipment and following SOPs will minimize the exposure.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website