Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Are you looking for a role that combines cutting edge engineering, science, troubleshooting and customer management, for a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you are, then this will be the start of your professional journey….
Join us as a Field Service Engineer (FSE) and assist us in our mission to become the world leader in serving science. As a global company involved in the support of our customers in beating this pandemic, and the requirements following that we are looking for a technical strong person with a can-do attitude to service, maintain our customer' molecular biology analysis portfolio, consisting of qPCR, CE, NGS, and cell biology instrumentation. You will work at the customer site in their lab, serving as a trusted expert. In doing so, you will help to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty and contribute to the overall success of our business.
What will you do?
- Engage with customers and provide troubleshooting, Preventative Maintenance (PM), repair services, verification and qualification services in a professional and timely manner.
- Follow reporting responsibilities of Escalation, Field Service Report (FSR) and travel expense report submissions.
- Be familiar with and follow policies around handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns and inventory.
- Maintain technical competency by attending trainings, employee meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
How will you get here?
A Bachelor's degree or other technical education in engineering, biology, chemistry, electronics, mechanics or related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge. We will provide
- Provide on-site support to Bigfoot customers that include, but is not limited to: installation repairs and planned maintenance service of the stated equipment.
- Provide on-site and remote service and support with customer' technical queries.
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision.
- Build long-lasting customer satisfaction and lyality by delivering service satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Properly maintain parts inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation in a timely fashion, including time & service reports, IQOQ documentation and internal and external e-mail and phone communications driving minimal downtime.
- Work global service and R&D teams to modify new and existing products to improve service and handling procedures.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to Thermo Fisher Support and service colleagues enabling fast and future resolutions.
- Interface effectively with other employees to resolve customer problems and issues.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written in English and at least one of the Nordics language.
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change
- Possesses a valid Driver's license
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a related technical customer facing role
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes
- Experience in related product applications
Frequent travel to customer site 75-100% of work time. Geographical location will define your main territory of work. rotational weekend standby work is to be expected as clinical installbase increases.
So, if you are a:
- A technically savvy individual who can analyse and assess customer experimental needs and instrument issues with speed and rigor.
- A problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot technical complex queries.
- Customer minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- Concise and excellent communicator with the ability to address the critical requirements that will address customer needs.
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field-based activities while managing time effectively.
Then…please submit your application, in English, including a cover letter and CV via www.thermofisher.com/careers.
Apply on company website