Field Service Engineer IC-LC-MS, Unity Lab Services
Location: Italy Remote – Tuscany - Lazio
Requisition ID: 156213BR
Location/Division Specific Information
We have an exciting opportunity for an Field Service Engineer IC-LC-MS, Unity Lab Services.
The field service will be working on instruments belonging to the IC-LC group (Ion Chromatography and Liquid Chromatography) such as ICS, Integrion, Vanquish, etc. and such as Triple Quadrupole, IonTrap, Orbitrap HPLC, etc. Performing on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation.
Assuring to deliver all the activities related to the specific instrumental branch (i.e, Installations, Basic Trainings, Repairs and Maintenances, Qualification Services) by the highest possible efficiency.
Assuring customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support and be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales. She/he will be scheduling by priority all the repair, maintenance and qualification jobs.
Responsibility and preferred qualifications:
- Drawing the attention on all those possible cases that could become Hot cases.
- Maintaining spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Taking care of customers inquires reporting them to the different Departments if necessary.
- Being perfectly conscious of the importance of the individual contribution for reaching the Company goals related to Revenues, CAS score and Cash Flows.
- Actively promoting and selling installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenances, time & material services, service part kits and consumables, service trainings, etc...
- Advising customers of new products and upgrades and reporting sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Performing all the service activities in compliance with the Company rules.
- Following the 4i (Integrity, Involvement, Innovation, Intensity).
- Costs saving clear vision.
Professional Technical background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering.
3+ years Field Service experience or relevant Industry experience (background in Ion and Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry is a plus).
Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
Customer/business-oriented with ability to independently solve routine customer satisfaction problems.
Detailed understanding of service functions.
Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and PC skills
Willingness to travel (50%+ Travel) mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory.
Willingness to make international travels for Training Courses in all EMEA Territory and US.
Good English skills, both verbal and written.
Willingness to spend the majority of the time in the field at customer sites (90% +)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in an innovative and international working environment.Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV in English via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Apply today!
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82270281
Apply on company website