Position: Field Service Engineer II
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services for Trace Elemental Analysis (ICP-OES, AAS) and IOMS (Q ICP-MS), including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, preventative maintenance and qualifications (IQOQ).
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes Chemistry reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Conducts familiarization on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with ICP-OES, ICP-MS is preferred. AAS experiences a plus.
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 75% within the territory or other areas as required.
Location: The territory covers Southern California with a backup role to the Bay Area. This position will be based in Los Angeles, CA.
Relocation has not been approved for this position.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82402011
Apply on company website