Field Service Engineer
What will you do?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our engineering team in Saudi Arabia to support a leading scientific university as they pioneer new scientific methods using our state of the art equipment, we provide extensive training both onsite and in our training facilities in Europe to enable you to work at the very highest level on our equipment.
The Field Service Engineer for the Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is responsible for performing the on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems. Engineers investigate and approve operational quality of system equipment; instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system; serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects; and conduct on-site installations of the full range of Thermo Fisher Scientific electron microscopy systems and their associated options.
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
How will you get there?
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- Typically requires a University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in electronic system troubleshooting
- Typically requires approximately 5 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
- Must have a thorough understanding and extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum and high voltage systems.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; must have a professional working proficiency in English
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Literate in MS DOS and Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Familiar with UHV phenomenon and technology
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website