An entry level position within the Formulation and Filling department. Responsibilities include filling, labeling, and processing Thermo Fisher Scientific life science products following the appropriate documentation. Ancillary tasks include staging raw materials; cleaning laboratory hardware; off-loading automated filling lines; and supporting the department wherever assistance is needed. Majority of responsibilities take place within a cleanroom environment.
- Operate an assortment of semi-automated and manual filling equipment
- Operate a variety of industrial equipment including fork trucks, pallet jacks, and similar equipment
- Proper completion of required manufacturing documentation under ISO9001 guidelines
- Assist department by staging raw materials; cleaning laboratory hardware; off-loading automated filling lines; and supporting the department when needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Individual must be able to handle working in an extremely fast paced environment while processing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the metric system
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment when required. This may include using a full-face respirator
- A minimum of 6 months experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand/walk
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Hazardous Waste Generation/Management: Associates in this position may, as part of their job activities, generate or manage hazardous waste as defined by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Individuals in this position are required to receive initial hazardous waste training within the first 30 working days of assignment. The initial waste training shall include but not be limited to the following general categories: Identifying hazardous and solid waste, hazardous waste management, recycling, treatment and disposal, emergency preparedness, record keeping, pollution prevention and waste reduction. Following initial training the Associate in this position will receive annual refresher training in the same topic field as listed above. Associate should be comfortable working frequently with organics, including flammable solvents, strong acids / bases, potential biohazards (including raw animal serums), large scale bacterial cultures, and hazardous chemicals.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73544865
Apply on company website