As part of the commercial finance organization, provide financial analysis and solutions to support commercial activities.
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends and make recommendations to drive profitability
- Work closely with key business partners to identify and mitigate issues impeding the achievement of business goals
- Maintain/build reports to measure compliance for our contract customers
- Work with appropriate internal departments to implement pricing and financial terms for new customer contracts and ensure compliance with contract terms
- Improve on data intensive tools with a focus on automating incentives and accrual
- Partner with our commercial team to implement annual price increases
- Prepare customer pricing impact assessments
- Partner with our business partners to resolve pricing issues
- Performs other duties and project support as assigned
- Demonstrate robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Proven ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations. Proven ability to communicate to management is required to be successful in this position
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Proven history of participating on cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively
- Commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, and COGNOS are required; skills with Database (SQL) and Visual Basic are preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website