As an integral part of the Genetic Sciences Division Finance team, the Financial Analyst, will primarily be responsible for financial support of the Human Identification Business Unit (BU). This involves partnering with the functional leaders of the business to support growth and manage spending and profitability. This role will be the lead for driving finance and accounting activities across the business which includes close, consolidation, forecasting, and reporting. This role will report into the Senior Finance Manager for Human Identification (HID) in GSD and be located in South San Francisco.
- Develop and direct the execution of financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for the entire P&L.
- Drive the month-end Close process for operating expenses for all cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, R&D, and G&A. Monitor and review spending with functional leaders monthly and provide financial guidance in expense management.
- Partner cross-functionally to provide financial guidance on project/cost accounting. Manage R&D resource allocation and measure the effectiveness of R&D resource investment.
- Partner with Market development team to provide financial guidance and tracking of marketing spending.
- Coordinate with all involved parties to prepare financial deliverables and presentations and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Review and prioritize capital expenditure requests.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or other business related disciplines
- 2+ years of experience
- Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, E1. Experience with Siebel a plus
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of financial statements and financial system structures
Key Success Factors:
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and leader.
- Applies strong technical and analytical skills to establish business process and reporting to engage business partners and assist in driving decisions.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73543201
Apply on company website