Job Title: Formulation Scientist II
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Division: Pharma Services Group (PSG)
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Applies scientific principles to potentially challenging formulation activities, providing technical solutions to successfully execute and support client projects as part of the team. Manages multiple deliverables across the product portfolio. Works to meet aggressive timelines, achieves customer satisfaction and maintains high standards of quality. Represents formulation development (FD) as the technical lead on cross-functional project teams using scientific skills, knowledge and team work and supports the effective coordination of activities within and across functions, as appropriate.
What will you do?
*Contributes to the successful execution of project activities by working within the project scope, participating in or leading the design/evaluation of formulations and manufacturing processes for solid, semi-solid or liquid dosage forms.
*Participate in or leads problem-solving and trouble-shooting activities (scientific, equipment, process).
*Participates in writing protocols and manufacturing documents for feasibility and clinical trial materials. Presents interpreted results and updates to management and external clients.
*Writing development reports.
*Participates in or leads inter-departmental coordination of documentation and equipment related tasks.
*Identifies potential weaknesses/problems in current procedures and assists in improving/correcting problems.
*Participates in training, qualification of equipment, and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
*Supports OE activities and contributes to the continuous improvement of the PDS business locally and globally, as appropriate.
*Maintains GMP and EH&S training / certification as required locally.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in pharmaceutical science or technology; MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of pharmaceutical formulation/technology experience
- Demonstrable understanding of pharmaceutical formulation science
- Basic Good Manufacturing Practices and relevant regulatory agency knowledge
- Computer proficiency
- Good interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), and organizational skills
- Able to work independently or in team environment
- Communicates and co-operates with others to meet project and team objectives
- Ability to flex schedule dependent on customer needs. This may require evening and/or weekend work periodically.
- Proficiency with the English language; spoken, written and able to clearly communicate on the telephone, including managing technical discussions during client meetings (face to face or teleconference).
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website