The site in Ferentino (80km from Rome) is a world class contract manufacturing and development facility, specialized in aseptic injectable drugs. Joining more than 800 colleagues on site, the selected candidate will experience a smart, international, and fast-growing environment. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do
As a part of our Formulation – Pharmaceutical Development team you will be supporting the manager in ensuring process development activities for batches destined for clinical trials and for commercial manufacturing.
In addition, you will ensure the scale up/ technology transfer and processes of new sterile products into Pharmaceutical Development (PDS) Department and commercial sites.
- Ensure the pre-formulation and formulation studies of new sterile injectable pharmaceutical forms.
- To oversee the manufacturing activities for registration batches to support regulatory submissions.
- To transfer formulations and manufacturing processes into GMP manufacturing.
- To conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation, formulation characterisation, process development and scale-up.
- To assist manufacturing operations in problem solving, investigations and corrective actions for registration and scale up batches.
- Leads meetings/call with clients updating on projects and activities. Develops realistic proposals and timelines if need.
- Implements continuous improvement projects to drive improved process efficiency and efficacy.
How you will get there
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy or CTF
- At least 1 year of experience in industrial pharmaceutical formulations
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of the characterization techniques of the lyophilized products (DSC, FDM)
- Knowledge of characterization of formulations (DLS, HIAC, MFI, TFF, osmolality, viscosity and density)
- Knowledge of Design of experiment (DoE)
- Strong problem solving skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply on company website