When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Work in a team based environment within a manufacturing department responsible for producing molecular biology reagents for use in research in the life sciences industry.
What will you do?
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Perform work in accordance with daily production schedules to fulfill work orders and special requests
- Follow batch records to perform solution preparation while documenting the production process as required
- Utilize basic mathematical skills to perform required calculations and provide accurate data documentation
- Maintain cleanliness of the solutions lab on a daily basis
- Maintain inventory of chemicals in solutions lab. Maintain inventory of solutions/reagents in the supported Manufacturing labs
- Provide assistance to adjacent groups after daily duties have been achieved
- Learn and follow all departmental SOPs, guidelines, and procedures
- Perform daily updates in multiple database systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
This position requires working in a timely and efficient manner to produce solutions for the Thermo Fisher Scientific facility in Carlsbad.
How will you get here?
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years' experience in a related field, preferably a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to adapt and be flexible to a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Well organized, detail oriented and proficient at multitasking
- Works well in a team environment and individually
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus required.
- Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds. May be required to lift weight of 45 pounds or more, with assistance and/or with equipment on occasion.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website