When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Set-up, operate, and maintain the classified environments and manufacturing equipment for pharmaceutical products. Requires proficiency in cleaning and sterilizing equipment, gowning and aseptic techniques, preparing equipment and components for operations, operating and troubleshooting mechanical equipment, and following approved procedures and proper documentation. Typical hours for this role is 7p-7a on a 2-2-3 schedule.
What will you do?
- Ensure operations are performed in a safe and responsible manner striving to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
- Ensure pharmaceutical products in manufacturing are in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and other batch related activities. Verifies and documents production activities in batch records, logbooks, etc.
- Assist in troubleshooting operational and production problems in order to identify appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform the disassembly, assembly, cleaning, and operation of area manufacturing equipment. Prepare equipment and components for operations.
- Assist in the commissioning of new equipment and production areas. Assist in initial and subsequent validation of equipment and processes.
- Maintain/clean classified environments/areas.
- Communicate and work to resolve any production, quality or safety issues.
- Comply with all job-related safety, cGMP, and other department procedural requirements.
- Participate in the On the Job (OJT) training program, area safety initiatives, and area lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Train new employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent is minimally required.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in manufacturing/production in a machine operator or technical role, preferably in the pharmaceutical or related field.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- General mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic knowledge of pharmaceutical industry equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility with departmental work schedules, including overtime and all shift operations.
- Ability to achieve and maintain qualifications to work in a cleanroom environment.
- Ability to drive a fork lift and other mobile equipment to locate product and equipment as needed.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of medium weights of 25-50 pounds; occasionally pushing and pulling 50-100+ pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. Ability to climb stairs and ladders. Full range of motion in upper and lower extremities.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82405283
Apply on company website