Job Title: Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative, Greater Boston
The Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative position is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Covid testing | Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Based remotely in the Greater Boston Area.
The Genetic Analysis (GA) Instrument Sales Representative is a field sales-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The Genetic Analysis Sales Representative will have strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR and sequencing. Strong business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. The primary focus of the Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative role is successful capital equipment sales and large reagent deals including funnel management skills and strong hunting, prospecting and closing skills.
What will you do?
- Scientific consulting acumen - demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions within the Genetic Analysis portfolio. Identifies the best technology choice to meet the customer needs, strong command of competitive offerings in the GA space and how to position and win the business.
- Capital sales acumen – Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
- Business acumen – Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon by commercial management for the territory.
- Understands scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to position a GA solution (qPCR and/or sequencing and/or microarray) to win the business. Actively promotes and sells consumable offering throughout the instrument sales process.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Sales Force system and other designated IT tools.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of qPCR and sequencing is preferred.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82349504
Apply on company website