Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
How will you make an impact?
To ensure the safe and efficient running of the Inbound Logistics Department, whilst driving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) through the Value Stream.
What will you do?
- Daily management of the Inbound Logistics Team including leading daily departmental Tier 1 meetings at the start of the shift
- Have accountability for raw material and packaging stock accuracy, meeting site targets
- Be responsible for the safe receipt and compliant storage of raw materials
- Supply raw material items to the packing team to enable their daily plan to be met
- Ensure business and Departmental KPIs are achieved for the Inbound Logistics Dept.
- Develop SLA's with internal stakeholders to ensure meeting customer needs
- Ensure all of departmental standard works, Batch process instructions (BPIs) and working instructions are written and the appropriate risk assessments carried out and documented
- Identify and implement new processes as required
- Develop and implement appropriate training plans to ensure competence of all staff
- Identify and justify resource requirements to meet business needs
- Be responsible for maintenance of all forklift trucks on siteEnsure communications and transfers between the Value Streams are appropriate and support the business requirement
- Establish and maintain a good and current working knowledge of the department processes and compliance requirements
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with legislation and company procedures, (this may include the issuing of Permits to Work and completion of Management of change requests)
- Ensure that safety audits and actions are completed in all areas and any identified actions are carried out to company standards and within required timelines
- Ensure that the reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses is carried out in a timely manner which meets the company requirements. Also, where appropriate, root cause analysis carried out to establish the appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure quality is given a high level of focus throughout all of the departments and emphasis given to driving quality improvements
- Use visual management as a means of monitoring the value stream and communicating progress to all personnel within the Value Stream. Encourage input to the success of the business at all levels.
- Embrace and participate in Practical Process Improvements (PPI) initiatives to identify reduction of waste in current processes and cost savings to the business
- Drive and maintain departmental 5S levels to required standards
- Qualification in warehouse management / logistics for example NVQ level 2 warehousing /NVQ level 3 Logistics or Institute of Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Previous experience in warehouse management
- Fork lift license (preferred but training will be given)
- Microsoft Office intermediate level
- Route cause analysis experience including solutions
- Flexibility and able to work extended hours and between departments if required
- Ability to communicate with clarity and brevity and expresses confidence
- Self-motivated with the ability to achieve and encourage others to achieve
- Demonstrable track record of leading and motivating a team
- Willingness to develop and progress self and team
- Driven to complete all allocated projects and tasks within set timelines
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels on both written and verbal basis, (this may include external suppliers and customers)
- Work effectively with others within own team and colleagues from other areas of the business
- Ability to ask the necessary questions and compile answers and information in order to solve problems
- Desire to improve and sustain improvements
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and demeanor and act a role model leader at all times
- You are required to have a professional approach when dealing with staff, customers and key stakeholders
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It's not just a career, it's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Apply on company website