How will you make an impact?
As a information scientist at ThermoFisher, you will join a team of people designing, building and advancing a data management system for the storage, maintenance and integrating of multiple disparate scientific data sets and laboratory products catalogs. With the explicit goal of allowing for rapid and dynamic assembly and deployment of information via the web designed to enhance customer product education and simplify ordering of laboratory supplies.
What will you do?
* Use text summarization techniques to extract key attributes from unstructured text
* Build and prototype data processing pipelines to classify and normalize content.
* Implement query understanding pipeline to optimize search queries.
* Develop automated language translation solutions for science and technology topics.
How will you get here?
* Solid programming skills using Python or Java
* Experience with structured and unstructured information repositories (Endeca, Hybris) and retrieval echnologies (Solr, Elastic,)
• Experience developing natural language processing and query understanding.
* Experience working with distributed systems such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam
* Working knowledge of using at least one of the machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn, spark mllib, deeplearning4j or TensorFlow.
* Experience with at least one of nlp libraries such as Stanford NLP, OpenNLP or Spacy.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to build multi-class classifiers to automatically categorize unstructured content.
* Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
* Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website