Job Title: Inside Sales Technical Specialist (Molecular & Synthetic Biology), Benelux - Technische verkoopspecialist binnendienst
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Group: Life Science Solutions Group
Education: Msc / BSc
Job Type: Full Time
Career Band: 5
This is an ideal opportunity for someone that wants to start their career in sales. We are looking for someone who has an interest in science, have practical lab experience and has demonstrated a sales aptitude, but may lack sales experience in the Life Sciences industry. The candidate will be responsible for making sales for assigned accounts, in a particular geography focus on molecular biology and synthetic biology products.
The successful candidate will utilize product features and benefits to identify and qualify leads, initiate the sales process and successfully promote the Company's products and services to exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
The primary objective of the position is to build strong relationships with customers over the phone to achieve sales.
PLAN PERFORMANCE AND SALES SKILLS
- Coordinate the entire sales process for assigned accounts and products. Demonstrate use of telephone selling skills, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, building relationships, asking open-ended and high gain questions to determine needs, provide solutions through the use of our products, creating the value proposition and closing the deal. It is also expected that the Corporate “Team Selling “approach will be practiced to improve overall strategic selling effectiveness.
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by supporting the other Inside Sales team members to close technical sales in molecular biology & synthetic biology, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new opportunities for the focus products.
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling.
- Remain current with the molecular and synthetic biology products in terms of the science and company innovation.
- Be the technical expert of the products supporting the inside sales team knowledge and closing opportunities they share with you
- Maintain and increase current customer database through the Company's customer relation's management software (Siebel CRM).
- Prospect and develop relationships with new customers. Coordinate on-going customer relationships with a particular focus on up selling and cross selling. Attain or exceed assigned sales, profit, and market share goals.
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan for managing assigned territory and products, updated quarterly.
- Make outbound telephone calls to all organizational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made
- Utilizes data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which includes emerging customers.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team and the region.
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for Product information, sales presentations and information.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via daily interactive updates, monthly summary reports and other communication vehicles
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner while maximizing prime calling periods.
- Meet ALL sales call objectives
- Develop organizational skills necessary to successfully manage territory sales activities.
CORPORATE POLICY AND PROCEDURES COMPLIANCE
- Coordinate contracts/ quotations within the Company's guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin/ revenues with guidance from Management and/ or marketing.
- Required to learn and practice Company policies and procedures and strive to present a professional image as a Company ambassador.
- Achieve daily customer phone contact to provide product and relevant information for all aspects of gaining and servicing the business.
- Develop product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective telephone sales presentation.
- Learn existing and potential customer status regarding Company and competitors' products.
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Communicate to all organization levels and functional areas as well as internal and external customers.
Nature and Scope:
- Develop analytical and business planning skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to many diverse customer audiences and influencers.
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Degree level education preferably Life Science related. PhD would be a plus.
- Previous experience of having worked in a lab preferred.
- Previous telephone based sales experience preferred.
- General knowledge of product portfolio
- Good Computer literacy
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written & oral, French would be a plus.
Apply on company website