When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative position is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Based remotely in the Greater Boston, MA area to cover Boston & RI.
This position is a field sales-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative will have strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR, Sequencing (Sanger and NGS) and microarray. The Genetic Analysis Instrument Sales Representative will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. Required skills for this position include: capital equipment sales, technical familiarity with product lines and markets, funnel management skills and strong hunting, prospecting and closing skills. This sales territory covers Boston & RI.
- Scientific consulting acumen - demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions within the Genetic Analysis portfolio. Identifies the best technology choice to meet the customer needs, strong command of competitive offerings in the GA space and how to position and win the business.
- Capital sales acumen – Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
- Business acumen – Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon by commercial management for the territory.
- Understands scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to position a GA solution (qPCR and/or sequencing and/or microarray) to win the business. Actively promotes and sells consumable offering throughout the instrument sales process.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field. A Master's or PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of qPCR, sequencing, and/or microarray is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website