When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for driving disciplined inventory strategies at the site. This role will partner cross-functionally to establish and optimize cycle count, E&O, and other key inventory programs at the site. This role will also interface with network partners to facilitate the optimal health of a hub-based raw material platform. As a key member of the site supply chain team, the inventory control specialist supports material, planning, warehouse, and scheduling functions.
What will you do?
- Establish and execute inventory plan to ensure appropriate availability of inventory levels for customer operations.
- Analyze data and make recommendations to achieve profitability, customer service, and inventory goals.
- Work with supply chain team on implementing changes resulting from analysis.
- Ensure inventory plan is achieved at both customer site and dedicated warehouse.
- Ensure monthly reporting and subsequent follow-up: Inventory Management System, COGNOS, ASL, Velocity, etc.
- Provide strategic guidance to management on supply chain optimization.
- Identify and design new planning tools in conjunction with supply chain team.
- Analyze, monitor, and update supplier and transport lead-times.
- Develop and maintain account specific metrics including quarterly reporting of catalog loads, quarterly spend, and on hand as well as monthly metrics reporting.
- Coordinates approve and process annual physical inventory and quarterly cycle counts for assigned customer sites.
- Leads implementation efforts of new or expansion opportunities for inventory related processes.
- Investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Provide strategic guidance as related to on site inventory levels and provide link between supply chain and distribution departments.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and company reports to ensure stakeholder requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues and/or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in business, logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or similar discipline preferred.
- Associate's Degree is required
- High school Diploma or GED is required
- 4-6 years of relevant supply chain experience
- ERP/MRP System Experience (SAP / Oracle)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.) VLookup and experience with Pivot Tables highly desired
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices and lean best practices preferred.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and teamwork.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans.
- Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Experience and/or education in a laboratory setting – an understanding of the unique customer requirements; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred.
- Excellence in customer service and solution-driven approach to problem solving.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Inventory management, planning and supply chain experience.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82476063
Apply on company website