Field Application Scientist – IOMS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers high quality customer training and applications support at Training Institute locations or at the customer's site while achieving high evaluation scores from customers through course assessments.
- Assures rapid and professional response to internal and external customer queries using knowledge of the techniques in question.
- Always ensures highest professional relationships with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalates issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible.
- Exhibit good fiscal decision making concerning business travel.
- Prepares and presents scientific posters and papers at exhibitions and symposia. Participates in tradeshows aiming to promote Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the other teams and ensures to provide important information with respect to the customer (e.g. lead generation, etc.) to the corresponding parties that should be involved.
- Provide feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Conducts pre-sales demonstrations and sample reports to support the sales of new instruments.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Manager.
Specific Scope Data
- Responsible for customer support of the installed customer base on IOMS products.
- Provides in-house and on-site support.
- Responsible for contributing to the North America sales booking and revenue.
- Responsible for controlling operational expenses according to the annual budget.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Science related field. MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands on experience with BS degree, 2-4 years of hands on experience with MS degree and 1 year hands on experience with PhD.
- Extensive operations experience with IRMS, HR-ICP-MS and GD-MS instruments (Thermo instrumentation would be a plus). This must include a deep working knowledge of the hardware, software and application details of elemental applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
- Strong technical background with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent training/teaching skills.
- Strong presentation skills and abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Willingness to travel extensively; up to 80%. May include travel to Canada and other geo centers as needed.
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques and education programs.
- Experience training groups of individuals related to technical course content a plus.
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software, networking and PC hardware.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Location: Field-based in US near a major airport. Travel is expected to be 70 – 80%.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82435032
Apply on company website