Field Service Engineer IOMS-GIRMS, Unity Lab Services
Location : Italy – Central-Southern
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $21 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Instrument and Enterprise Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Group/Division: Instrument and Enterprise Services
- Working on instruments belonging to the IOMS and GIRMS groups, in particular: GC-HRMS (DFS), ICP-HRMS (Element2/XR), Gas Isotope Ratio MS (Delta V + Peripherals).
- Assuring to deliver all the activities related to the specific instrumental branch (i.e, Installations, Basic Trainings, Repairs and Maintenances, Qualification Services) by the highest possible efficiency.
- Assuring customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support. Being perfectly conscious of the importance of the individual contribution for reaching the Company goals related to Revenues, CAS score and Cash Flows.
- Costs saving clear vision.
- Assuring customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support.
- Scheduling by priority all the repair, maintenance and qualification jobs.
- Drawing the attention on all those possible cases that could become Hot cases.
- Maintaining spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Taking care of customers inquires reporting them to the different Departments if necessary.
- Actively promoting and selling installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenances, time & material services, service part kits and consumables, service trainings, etc...
- Advising customers of new products and upgrades and reporting sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Performing all the service activities in compliance with the Company rules.
- Following the 4i (Integrity, Involvement, Innovation, Intensity).
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering.
- 3-5 years Field Service experience or relevant Industry experience.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Customer/business-oriented with ability to independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Detailed understanding of service functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions.
- PC skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory.
- Willingness to make international travels for Training Courses in all EMEA Territory and US.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- 50%+ Travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Apply on company website