When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The IVF Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health – Eastern US & Canada position is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Based remotely in any major city on the Eastern US Seaboard and/or Eastern Canada.
This is a field-based sales position covering the Eastern US and Canada, for a Reproductive Health/IVF Sales professional with extensive experience and a proven track record in Clinical Reproductive Health Sales. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Reproductive Health and a strong desire to impact the growth and success of the Reproductive Health market for Thermo Fisher, our Reproductive Health customers, and their patients. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan and must have strong technical acumen and experience selling Next Generation Sequencing and other molecular technologies in the Clinical and Reproductive Health market, and the consultative sales skills necessary to drive instrument sales and assay implementation in the Reproductive Health space.
The IVF Sales Specialist must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment for successful assay implementation. Strong business acumen is also required to translate successful account strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will be a results oriented self-starter with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, and excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, and closing.
What will you do?
- Scientific Consulting - Demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position our solutions.
- Consumable and Instrumentation Sales - Successfully maintains current business and drives new assay implementation at IVF practices and Reproductive Health laboratories. Consults with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
- Business Acumen – Understands the Reproductive Health market and landscape, is committed to rigorous territory planning, accurate and timely forecasting, and is driven to grow our market share in the Reproductive Health space.
- Team Work - Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
- Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
- Manages Reproductive Health assay utilization in IVF accounts and laboratories. Drives additional IVF assay utilization across the territory and targets new customers for conversion to our IVF assays and instrumentation.
- BA/BS degree in Life Sciences mandatory, advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Sales Experience in Reproductive Health or Clinical/Life Science with consistent achievement of sales goals.
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement.
- Experience in Next-Generation Sequencing, CE Sequencing, Microarray and other molecular testing techniques.
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, reimbursement, guidelines, and environments.
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel ~50% with a valid driver's license.
- Territory: Eastern United States and Eastern Canada.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Apply on company website