Lab Support Scientist, Metabolomics
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How you will make an impact:
This opening is for a highly experienced and self-motivated individual to support latest generation LC-MS instrumentation as an Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers.
What you will do:
Primary responsibilities will be to support the commercial field sales team by conducting LCMS product demonstrations related to (but not limited to) qualitative and quantitative small molecule analysis (e.g. metabolomics, lipidomics, pharmaceutical) applications. Additional responsibilities include providing pre-sales support to our LSMS sales team at customer sites to position them for successful wins, and enabling the success of our customers through post-sales training and application support.
- Conduct and participate actively in LCMS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Scientific's state of the art mass spectrometry products (Ion Trap, QQQ, and Orbitrap based products).
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support as well as applications assistance in response to customer inquiries (both internal and external), including education, training and on-site visits.
- Develop new applications applying Thermo Scientific LCMS offerings, including writing application notes, peer reviewed publications, and presenting at the appropriate scientific conferences.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Create well-organized information-rich tools (documents and seminars) and effectively deliver them in an engaging manner.
- Combine conceptual and analytical knowledge to independently address difficult problems.
- Independently prioritize projects and manage behavior to most effectively accomplish core job functions.
- Lead team projects and mentor junior colleagues.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently demonstrating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
How you will get here:
- Bachelor's Degree required in technical discipline with at least 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on LCMS experience.
- A solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative small molecule LCMS workflows (e.g. metabolomics, lipidomics, pharmaceutical) and associated sample preparation techniques is required.
- Solid competency in a broad range of LCMS instrumentation both qualitative and quantitative.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
- A proven track record to work independently and a strong work ethic is critical.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within North America required.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
- MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry or a Bioscience or equivalent education plus work experience.
- Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred.
- Knowledge of small molecule quantitative and qualitative workflows and associated informatics.
- Self-motivated to drive continuous learning
- Track record in achieving or exceeding commercial management objectives on a consistent basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82278492
Apply on company website